About additional modules
In addition to the core BRC Global Standard we have developed a range of Additional Modules that can be added to the normal audit process. This offers some great customer advantages:-
- Reduce audit burden (and therefore cost) by including requirements that historically needed a separate audit (for example, 2nd party audits)
- Meet specific geographic or customer needs, especially when a specifier wants additional requirements to complement Issue 5
- Apply to particular types of operation or look in greater detail at a particular market concern
How does it work?
When a site wants to adopt any of our Additional Modules they must notify their chosen certification body in advance of the BRC Global Standards audit.
- The BRC Global Standard and any Additional Module requirements are audited together (this may increase the total duration of the audit depending on the number of requirements in the Additional Module)
- Non-conformities for both the BRC Global Standard and the Additional Module will be identified during the audit. However, non-conformities against requirements of the Additional Module are NOT included in the assessment of grading for Issue 5
- Non-conformities relating to the module must be corrected and evidence provided alongside any from the BRC Global Standard
- There is no grading of the Additional Module, but rather a pass/fail
Additional Module 7: Traded Goods+-
The Traded Goods Module (sometimes referred to as factored goods) are products that are purchased and stored at the site prior to sale to customers, but are not manufactured, further processed or repacked at the site. This Additional Module allows traded goods to be incorporated into the scope of the BRC Global Standards audit.
Additional Module 8: Environmental Awareness Module+-
This Environmental Awareness Additional Module has been developed to provide a framework to enable companies to develop an awareness of, and a mechanism for improvement in their environmental awareness and performance. The Additional Module has a scope which is limited to the activities that take place on the site that is under the management or control of the company.
Download: self-assessment checklist for EAM (P541)
Additional Module 9: AuditOne+-
The AuditOne™ Initiative is driven by the Foundation For Strategic Sourcing (F4SS) and seeks to develop a single set of quality standards and audit processes that establish a uniform harmonized standard for the industry
To Download a FREE PDF of Additional Module 9 AuditOne - Click Here