Closing date for applications: December 14, 2018
The Academy is the BRC Trading brand for its training department which offers a suite of BRC Global Standards and related subject matter training courses delivered through UK trainers and global Approved Trainer Partners (ATPs). The Academy also manages an exam facility for category exams and other BRC training courses. In addition, the Academy offers a range of conferences and industry events worldwide to promote and support BRC Global Standards.
The role of the Academy Administrator is to support the Academy Team’s efficient and cost-effective delivery of the suite of training services and Global Standards events. The role includes working with and supporting all members of the Academy and Events team under the direction of the Training Content Manager to support the strategic aims of the department and wider business.
Specifically, the role holder will:
- Support the Training Content Development Manager in the review and edit of course content
- Update all training materials as necessary ensuring all changes are accurately reflected in all ancillary documents
- Liaise with speakers for events and technical experts ensuring they deliver content on time and as agreed
- Liaise with the Technical team to develop and maintain a Quality Management system to organise, code and align technical and training documents
- Update and maintain document version control by organising, tracking and coding course material to enable easy reference and use by internal and external stakeholders
- Set up BRC Global Standards courses, exams and associated activities using the LMS platform
- Monitor and respond to daily emails in our Training inbox to ensure we are compliant with our service KPIs
- Administer SharePoint and CRM Dynamics for Approved Training Partner access to IT portals
- With direction from the Training Content Manager or Head of Academy support all members of the team if required
- Attend events as directed by the Content Development Manager and offer assistance as required. Travel in the UK and overseas may be required.
Skills & Knowledge
The ideal role holder will be:
- Able to demonstrate experience of working with a varied and changeable workload
- Highly accurate with close attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate good written communication, proofreading and editing skills
- Able to demonstrate excellent English language skills
- Able to work within tight deadlines
- Adaptable and flexible
- Able to demonstrate a confident and proactive approach to work
- A trusted and pro-active team player, supporting team colleagues in driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Able to demonstrate integrity
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisation, administration and time management skills.
- Experienced in team administration support
- Able to demonstrate excellent IT skills – experience of Word, Excel and Outlook essential
- Able to demonstrate knowledge or experience of working with a Learning Management System (desirable not essential)
- Able to demonstrate experience of using a CRM system
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of a 2nd European language (desirable not essential)
HOW TO APPLY
Location: London with some global travel