Closing date for applications: March 13, 2017
BRC Global Standards are recruiting a Financial Controller to satisfy the management accounting, financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting and other ad hoc finance related needs of the Finance Director.
SPECIFICALLY, THE ROLE HOLDER WILL:
- Provide financial update on financial results and forecasts, providing insights on underlying reasons for performance over / under achievement and appropriate guidance / recommendations on potential course corrections
- Instil common financial processes and reporting requirements into monthly / quarterly operational reviews of business units and provide the discipline and rigor to achieve accountable and predictable results; provide monthly divisional roll-up reports that give senior management insight into the performance of the businesses
- Assist the Finance Director in the implementation of the new IFS system and then provide the Group with the necessary ongoing support
- Assisting in financial review of potential acquisitions including due diligence, acquisition modelling and synergy projections associated with potential acquisition targets
- Implementing processes to enable the timely reporting of financial and management reporting, cash flow analysis, and forecasts to head office in accordance with IFRS or UK GAAP and with accompanying incisive comment and analysis of key business drivers
- Liaising with the external auditors and ensuring that all recommendations and issues are dealt with promptly
- Ensuring that the group policies relating to finance matters are fully adhered to
- Work with the management of each business unit to assist in the formulation of the annual budget
- Work with the Finance Director to monitor day-to-day banking activities and group cash position
While the position is based in London it is expected that the Financial Controller maybe required to travel to the International offices.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- The ideal candidate will be a highly competent finance executive who can contribute to the business on financial reporting issues. The candidate will possess most of the following experience, skills and personal qualities:
- A proven track record as a finance executive in a professional services and or commercial environment. Experience of the food standards business is highly desirable.
- An understanding of the IFS ERP system is desirable
- Experience in implementing ERP systems.
- The ability to contribute to the setting of financial policies and recommendations, and ensuring that these are complied with throughout the operations
- Experience at developing, implementing and monitoring financial accounting and related systems; directing the collection of financial and accounting information and the preparation of budgets, reports, forecasts and consolidated profit & loss reports
- Strong technical competence in financial control – including areas of VAT and taxation, purchasing, credit policy and cash flow, costing and expense control and audits
- Ability to control the selection and training of finance staff, establish lines of control and delegate responsibilities.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Finance and Accounting.
- ACA/ACCA qualified or finalist
SALARY AND PACKAGE:
- Competitive base salary plus benefits package
- This is a permanent opportunity
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the position please send your CV and covering letter giving current salary and notice period to:
Jenna Banawa, BRC Global Standards, 4th Floor, 2 London Bridge, London SE1 9RA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org